Senior Project Manager | Belfast
Who are Bruceshaw and purpose of this role?
|Bruceshaw is a leading provider of project management and multi discipline services for the built environment. As part of our continued expansion we are looking for a Senior Project Manager(s) to join our successful Belfast team delivering a diverse range of landmark projects.|
You will be a core member of the team and will deliver projects to a broad range of Employers across multiple sectors.
Our Project Management Team are responsible for managing major projects from feasibility through planning, design, procurement, construction and aftercare stages across all sectors.
You will continue to develop a wide range of project management skills and knowledge, working closely with new and repeat Clients, stakeholders and other Bruceshaw disciplines to develop and deliver projects under tightly managed constraints and timelines.
|You will also be expected to work as part of that team as well as autonomously, being adaptable and working within collaborative partnerships with both Employer and project teams, to successfully deliver challenging projects to ensure Client satisfaction.|
Reporting to the Partner or Associate of the Project Management team, your role is to run complex projects across a variety of sectors within the business and support the development of more junior members in the team which include the following key responsibilities;
- Preparing scopes of work, appointment documents, programmes, and communication strategies
- Providing advice on procurement, contracts (JCT & NEC), logistics plans, construction plans and particular conditions
- Preparing and evaluating the contractor and consultant selection process
- Providing, understanding and commenting on documentation, including consultant appointments
- Chairing Client, Design Team, Progress meetings, providing commentary to valuations, cost reports, drawings and specifications, programmes and buildability
- Identifying project risks and managing the project risk register
- Providing input into final accounts and insight into loss and expense and LAD claims
- Running complex projects/assignments, delegating work to junior team members
- Acting as a mentor to junior colleagues
- Promoting and developing the Bruceshaw Project Management offering, assisting with business development submissions
How will you know if you’re succeeding?
- Clients are informed at all times of programme, cost and quality matters, and appraised of risk
- Projects are delivered in a timely manner, to a very high standard
- You will be respected by colleagues and Clients, and are seen as a ‘go to’ person within the Project Management team
- You will have built strong relationships with Clients, Partners, Associates and fellow colleagues
- You will take a key role and be actively involved in business development activities and promoting the
- Bruceshaw brand using social media platforms
What skills do you need in order to perform this role?
- Demonstrate strong, in-depth knowledge of a Project Manager’s role
- Keep abreast of current business and industry news
- Communicate clearly and concisely when dealing with Clients, managing expectations effectively and sensitively
- Manage own workload, to successfully run multiple projects at one time
- Delegate project work effectively to junior colleagues, in order to meet Client objectives
- Lead projects with limited supervision and guidance, delivering on time and within budget
- Set a positive example to more junior members of the business
- Actively engage in business development, seeking new ways to add value to the business
- Flexible working and ability to travel throughout the UK to deliver projects
Previous experience and credentials
- You will be from either a Project Manager or relevant Consultancy related background and have full membership of a recognised professional body or working towards full membership (eg MAPM/MRICS/ MCIOB)
- Thorough experience across Residential, Commercial, Retail, Educational and Leisure sectors
- Experience of working as an EA (Employers’ Agent) would be advantageous
- Driving license
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme
- Health Care scheme