Senior Project Manager | Belfast
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to the Partner of the Project Management team, your role is to run complex projects across a variety of sectors within the business and support the development of more junior members in the team.
- Preparing scopes of work, appointment documents, programmes, and communication strategies
- Providing advice on procurement, contracts (JCT & NEC), logistics plans, construction plans and particular conditions
- Preparing and evaluating the contractor and consultant selection process
- Providing, understanding and commenting on documentation, including consultant appointments
- Chairing client meetings, providing commentary to valuations, cost reports, drawings and specifications, programmes and buildability
- Providing input into final accounts and insight into loss and expense and LAD claims
- Running complex projects/assignments, delegating work to junior team members
- Acting as a mentor to junior colleagues
- Promoting and developing the Bruceshaw Project Management offering.
How will you know if you’re succeeding?
- Clients are informed at all times of programme, cost and quality matters, and appraised of risk
- Projects are delivered in a timely manner, to a very high standard
- You will be respected by colleagues and clients, and are seen as a ‘go to’ person within the Project Management team
- You will have built strong relationships with clients, Partners and fellow colleagues
- You will take a key role and be actively involved in business development activities
What skills do you need in order to perform this role?
- Demonstrate strong, in-depth knowledge of a Project Manager’s role, through well thought out work
- Keep abreast of current business and industry news
- Communicate clearly and concisely when dealing with clients, managing expectations effectively and sensitively
- Manage own workload, to successfully run multiple projects at one time
- Delegate project work effectively, in order to meet client objectives
- Lead projects with limited supervision and guidance, delivering on time and within budget
- Set a positive example to more junior members of the business
- Have the ability to talk confidently and knowledgeably about Bruceshaw, and what differentiates us from our competitors
- Actively engage in business development, seeking new ways to add value to the business
Previous experience and credentials
- APM qualifications or equivalent
- Chartership (MCIOB, MRICS or equivalent)
- Post-Chartership experience across Residential, Commercial, Retail and Leisure sectors.
- Experience of working as an EA (Employers’ Agent) would be advantageous
- Working closely with the Project Management Partner and team
- Project teams, including internal and external Clients, Designers, Architects, Suppliers and Contractors
- The wider Bruceshaw team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme