Senior Cost Manager | Belfast
Who are Bruceshaw and the purpose of this role?
Bruceshaw is a leading provider of cost management and multi discipline services for the built environment. As part of our continued expansion we are looking for a Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor to join our successful Belfast team delivering a diverse range of landmark projects.
You will be a core member of the team and will deliver projects to a broad range of Employers across multiple sectors.
Our Quantity Surveying Division are responsible for the cost management of major projects from feasibility through planning, design, procurement and construction across all sectors.
As Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor, you will be an integral member of the team working on multiple projects with different Clients. You will have responsibility for projects of various sizes, developing key relationships with Clients and colleagues.
You will be expected to work as part of a team as well as autonomously, being adaptable and working within collaborative partnerships with both Employer and project teams, to successfully deliver projects within budget to ensure Client satisfaction.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts
- Attend client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively
- contribute to these meetings
- Prepare robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and
- their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the client’s project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Agreeing scheme final accounts
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes
- Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
- Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances
- Act as a mentor to support and provide guidance to more junior members of staff within the team
What Skills do you need in order to perform this role?
- Apply knowledge and experience intelligently to produce high quality work, together with practical and commercial solutions which meet client objectives
- Communicate clearly and concisely to clients on a range of complex issues and have the ability to produce high quality reports
- Manage multiple projects at any given time and deliver work steadily and within stated deadlines
- Contribute own views and ideas in a respectful manner and be receptive to ideas from others
- Identify opportunities to add value and enhance the client relationship
- Ability to talk knowledgably and confidently about the business capabilities and what differentiates Bruce Shaw from competitors
- Channel your own and others’ energy toward achieving the business strategy
Previous Experience and Credentials
- MRICS qualified
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning and cost
- Experience across a variety of sectors including Residential, Commercial, Retail and Leisure
- Experience of managing and working on multiple projects at any given time
How will you know if you are succeeding?
- Projects and tasks will be delivered in a timely manner and to Bruce Shaw’s high standards.
- Expectations are managed through effective communication with others
- Excellent relationships built with all Clients, fellow Consultants, Partners and Colleagues
- Positive attitude and projection of the Bruce Shaw brand including personal integrity and
- professional ethics
- Respected by Colleagues within the company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme