Quantity Surveyor | London
What is the purpose of this role?
As Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor, you will be an integral member of the team assisting on a number of projects with some major clients. You will begin to take responsibility for smaller projects, developing key relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Attend client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively participate at these meetings
- Prepare robust contract documentation for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Agreeing scheme final accounts
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes
- Help to manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
How will you know if you’re succeeding?
- Projects and tasks are delivered in a timely manner and to a high standard
- You will have built excellent relationships with Clients, Partners and employees
- You will be respected by colleagues within the business
- You will demonstrate personal integrity and professional ethics in every aspect of your work
What skills do you need in order to perform this role?
- Apply knowledge and experience intelligently to deliver thorough and well thought out work
- Communicate clearly and concisely, taking the time to prepare and organise thoughts first
- Proactively manage own workload, prioritising and planning effectively
- Keep abreast of current business and industry news
- Begin to develop a professional network and represent the Bruceshaw image positively
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for business development opportunities
- Actively engage in personal development
Previous experience and credentials
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Currently working towards the APC
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning
- Experience of working on retail projects is preferable
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical cover
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme