Quantity Surveyor | Belfast
Who are Bruceshaw and what is the purpose of this role?
Bruceshaw is a leading provider of cost management and multi discipline services for the built environment. As part of our continued expansion we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our successful Belfast team delivering a diverse range of landmark projects.
You will be a core member of the team and will deliver projects to a broad range of Employers across multiple sectors.
Our Quantity Surveying Division are responsible for the cost management of major projects from feasibility through planning, design, procurement and construction across all sectors.
As Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor, you will be an integral member of a team working on a number of projects with multiple Clients. You will have responsibility for projects of various sizes, developing key relationships with Clients and colleagues.
You will be expected to work as part of a team as well as autonomously, being adaptable and working within collaborative partnerships with both Employer and project teams, to successfully deliver projects within budget to ensure Client satisfaction.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Attend client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively
- contribute to these meetings
- Prepare robust contract documentation for execution by our Clients and their main contractors
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the Clients project manager prior to submission
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors
- Valuing scheme variations
- Agreeing final accounts
- Analysing construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes
- Assist in the management of relationships with various people, including Clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
What skills do you need in order to perform this role?
- Apply knowledge and experience intelligently to deliver thorough and well thought out work
- Communicate clearly and concisely, taking the time to prepare and organise thoughts first
- Proactively manage your own workload, prioritising and planning effectively
- Keep abreast of current business and industry news
- Begin to develop a professional network and represent the Bruceshaw image positively
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for business development opportunities
- Actively engage in continuous personal development
Previous experience and credentials
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant third level qualification
- Recently attained or working towards the APC
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning and take-
- off/billing software
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Driving Licence
How will you know if you’re succeeding?
- Projects and tasks are delivered in a timely manner and to Bruceshaw’s high standard
- You will have built excellent relationships with Clients, Partners and employees
- You will be respected by colleagues within the business
- You will demonstrate personal integrity and professional ethics in every aspect of your work
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme