Project Cost Manager (MEP) | London
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to a Senior Associate, your role is to deliver informed and tailored cost management services to a variety of clients across several sectors.
- Prepare and conduct cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts
- Represent Bruceshaw by attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings
- Prepare robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Agreeing scheme final accounts
- Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
- Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances
- Act as a mentor to support and provide guidance to more junior members of staff within the team
- Applies knowledge and experience intelligently to produce high quality work, practical and commercial solutions which meet client objectives
- Communicates clearly and concisely to clients on a range of complex issues and has the ability to produce high quality reports
- Manages multiple projects at any given time and delivers work steadily and within stated deadlines
- Contributes own views and ideas in a respectful manner and is receptive to those of others
- Identifies opportunities to add value and deepen the client relationship
- Ability to talk knowledgeably and confidently about the business capabilities and what differentiates Bruceshaw from competitors
- Channels own and others’ energy toward achieving business and practice group strategy
Experience and qualifications
- MRICS or FRICS qualified – Preferred
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning
- General Residential and mixed use, Commercial and Data Centres experience would be preferable
- Experience ofmanaging/working on multiple projects at any given time
How will you know if you are succeeding?
- Projects and tasks will be delivered in a timely manner and to Bruceshaw’s high standards.
- Expectations are managed through effective communication with others
- Excellent relationships built with all Clients, Partners and employees
- Positive attitude and projection of an appropriate Bruce Shaw image
- Respected by others within the company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical cover
- Pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme