HR Manager (Maternity cover) | London
What is the purpose of this role?
To work closely with the Partner Group and provide HR generalist advice and support on all HR matters.
You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage and take ownership of the recruitment cycle from start to finish
- Create/update job descriptions when a recruitment need is identified and brief recruitment agencies accordingly
- Manage the recruitment spreadsheet logging all incoming CVs and updating the status of each candidate to ensure it is up to date at all times
- Screen CVs and provide a shortlist of candidates to the hiring manager
- Schedule and conduct all interviews alongside appropriate management
- Work with Managers and Partners to put together offers for successful candidates and prepare all necessary paperwork
- Carry out HR inductions for all new joiners
- Manage the probation periods for all employees and work with the manager to keep track of probation documentation
- Manage and prepare paperwork following probation period
Compensation and Benefits
- Administer all company benefits for employees
- Liaise with brokers in relation to private medical insurance and life assurance including renewals
- Administer pension auto-enrolment for all employees and new joiners
- Partake in industry salary surveys and attend follow up meetings with other consultancies
- Ensure all changes/amendments for payroll are provided to finance each month
- Assist the Partner Group with the annual salary review and bonus cycle, preparing recommendations and all paperwork associated with any changes
Learning & Development
- Identify and address all learning and development needs across the business and align the internal training programmes accordingly
- Embed the performance management process within Bruceshaw and provide necessary training and coaching to the management team and employees
- Administer internal interviews/sessions and documentation for APC candidates
- Maintain an accurate record of all professional memberships across the company
- Work with managers and Partners to identify employees’ future potential within Bruceshaw using the 9 box grid
- Lead all calibration sessions with managers/Partners to review output of the 9 box grid process
- Create and update the talent management book for future succession planning
- Lead all employee relations cases demonstrating fairness and compliance with organisation and legal frameworks
- Advise employees and managers complying with Bruceshaw’s policies and procedures
- Liaise with external legal counsel when required
- Ensure all necessary documentation is issued to employees in a timely manner
- Manage and update HR related information for all employees
- Ensure all documentation is saved on the company system (BSpace) as well as in Employee Files
- Update and record absence records on a daily basis in BSpace and ensure relevant sickness absence documents are kept on file
- Prepare and submit monthly board reports
- Manage and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with UK law
- Liaise with BD & Marketing team on social media drive and provide any news stories, tweets, Instagram posts where appropriate
- Organise Company Town hall meetings and oversee the Extra Mile Award
How will you know if you’re succeeding?
- Excellent relationships built with all Partners, employees and external clients.
- Projects and tasks are delivered in a timely manner and to Bruceshaw standards.
- All records are up to date and accurate
- Expectations are managed through effective communication
- Positive attitude
- Respected by others
What skills do you need in order to perform this role?
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems – Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise.
- Able to demonstrate working on own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player
- Organisational skills managing administration, systems and workload effectively.
- Confident, positive, flexible and approachable
Previous experience and credentials
- Qualified CIPD member desirable
- Proven HR generalist experience at an operational level
- Thorough up to date knowledge of employment law