Assistant (Commercial) | London
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to an Associate, your role is to provide support to managers on a variety of projects, commissions and assignments for various clients within the commercial sector.
- Assist in the preparation of cost plans, including market testing materials and trades.
- Support in the preparation and compilation of tender documentation.
- Support in the analysis of tender returns, including identifying any errors, omissions and qualifications.
- Issue and manage tender queries to bidding contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement reports and recommendations.
- Assist in the value engineering of schemes during the design stage, including investigating alternative methods of working and material selection.
- Assist in the preparation of robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the Associate prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Assisting in agreeing scheme final accounts
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes, and maintaining internal benchmarking data.
- Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances
- Applies knowledge and experience intelligently to produce thorough and well thought out work which meet client objectives.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, taking time to prepare/organise thoughts first where and when appropriate.
- Written communication is structured, clear and properly checked. May require amendment but always error-free.
- Tailors communications to client requirements.
- Is articulate, logical and concise when speaking.
- Listens well and asks appropriate questions.
- Is prepared, organised and attentive in all meetings and conference calls. Participates appropriately.
- Can take an accurate note of a meeting or conference call demonstrating understanding of key points discussed and agreed.
Experience and qualifications
- BSc Hons in Quantity Surveying or similar qualification.
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience.
- Experience of working within a team environment of fast-track commissions.
- Experience of managing/working on multiple projects at any given time.
How will you know if you are succeeding?
- Projects and tasks will be delivered in a timely manner and to Bruceshaw’s high standards.
- Expectations are managed through effective communication with others
- Excellent relationships built with all Clients, Partners and employees
- Positive attitude and projection of an appropriate Bruceshaw image
- Respected by others within the company