Cost Manager | Belfast
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to an Associate, your role is to deliver informed and tailored cost management services to a variety of clients across a number of sectors.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings
- Prepare robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Agreeing scheme final accounts
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes
- Assist in the management of relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
- Applies knowledge and experience intelligently to produce high quality work
- Communicates clearly and concisely to clients
- Proactively manages own workload, prioritising and planning effectively
- Keep abreast of current business and industry news
- Actively engage in personal development
Experience and qualifications
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Currently working towards APC
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning
- Experience of working on a variety of sectors
- Experience of working on multiple projects at any given time
How will you know if you are succeeding?
- Projects and tasks will be delivered in a timely manner and to Bruceshaw’s high standards.
- Expectations are managed through effective communication with others
- You will have built excellent relationships with Clients, Partners and Colleagues
- Positive attitude and projection of an appropriate Bruce Shaw image
- Respected by Colleagues within the company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme