Employer's Agent / Contract Administrator
- Professional service used commonly on Design & Build contracts
- Can include contract administration and project management roles
- Dependent on specific employer’s requirements
- Define requirements and extent of Employer’s Agent’s authority
- Numerous successful projects as Employer’s Agent
Bruce Shaw provides an Employer’s Agent/Contract Administrator professional service, most commonly used on Design & Build Contracts. The nature of the role is dependent upon the specific Employer’s requirements and can be limited to the administration of the contract – issuing instructions and Payment Certificates, and adjudicating claims – or can also include a more comprehensive Project Management responsibility.
This would involve development of the employer’s requirements, consultant appointments, procurement of the works, and management of the works on site through to practical completion.
Bruce Shaw has the depth of experience to ensure both Employer and the Employer’s Agent fully understand the need to define the project requirements, and the extent of authority afforded to the Employers Agent. An omission could leave the Employer open to a claim by the Contractor.