Cost Management / Quantity Surveying
- Maximising client capital allowances’ recovery levels
- Tax relief on capital expenditure items
- Plant and machinery expenditure most common beneficiary
- ECAs for energy-saving equipment
- Whole cost write-off against taxable profit
The vast majority of businesses incurring capital expenditure on the construction of commercial property can benefit from tax relief in the form of Capital Allowances, with the most widely available tax allowance being that incurred with expenditure on plant and machinery.
Bruce Shaw can maximise clients’ capital allowances recovery levels and have valuations agreed by the relevant tax authorities as efficiently as possible.
Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECAs) of 100% first year tax relief can be claimed by businesses on specific energy-saving equipment. The value of ECAs in the modern property environment is recognised by Bruce Shaw’s Cost Managers as a significant benefit to businesses in writing-off the whole cost of their investment against taxable profit.